Who We Are
In June 1994 a group of 4WDrivers formed the Eastern Suburbs 4WD Club of WA (Inc) with the following objectives:
- Preservation of the natural environment
- Responsible and skillful 4WDriving in all situations
- Enhance the social activities of 4WDrivers
Not long after incorporation, the club became an affiliated member of the WA 4WD Association—the peak body representing 4WD clubs in WA. We are a relatively small club currently sitting between 25-30 vehicle members from all over the metropolitan area.
Our community activities also include adoption programs with Dept Parks and Wildlife (DePAW) and currently have one in place for the Avon Valley NP. We have a long history of work with DEC in the Avon Valley NP and have over many years provided support crews for DEC during the Avon Descent event.
We hold a range of family friendly events throughout the year that cater for the diversity in age and interests of members, including day trips, weekend trips, social events as well as longer and more challenging trips. Every year we try to have a longer – more challenging 4WD trip of around 4 weeks – in the past have done Rudall River, Karijini, Pilbara and Coral Coast, Alice Springs-Oodnadatta Track, Gunbarrel Highway, Birdsville, Gibb River to name a few. Every two years generally have a larger trip overseas as a club. We have visited 4WD Clubs when touring New Zealand, have traveled to Sri Lanka as a club and in 2017 we are planning a club trip along the famous Route 66 and also Coober Pedy and Anne Beadell Highway.
- Learning from the knowledge and experience of fellow 4WDrivers, and alternatively you can reciprocate with yours
- Participating in Club and Interclub trips / events
- Advantage of safety in numbers when on trips
- Environmental responsibilities
- Vehicle insurance specifically for 4WD vehicles at very attractive rates
- Receiving advice on fitting out your vehicle
- Access to club equipment
- Receiving a monthly newsletter